The Consumption Voucher Scheme by the HKSAR Government will open for registration on July 4, 2021. Eligible residents would be able to register the HKD $5,000 voucher online via https://www.consumptionvoucher.gov.hk/ until August 14, 2021.
“If you apply the voucher before July 17, 2021, you would be able to receive the digital voucher on August 1, 2021.”, said by the Financial Secretary, Mr Paul Chan.
The public may choose one of the four payment methods which they would like to receive the consumption voucher, namely AlipayHK, Octopus, Tap & Go and WeChat Pay HK.
Distribution of the Consumption Voucher
The voucher will be distributed with 3 instalments for Octopus, and 2 instalments for the other 3 payment methods.
Consumption Voucher Usage Coverage
The consumption voucher can be used in a wide range of spending e.g. local retail, catering, service outlets, online shops / platforms as well as public transport.
Some items are excluded items from the consumption voucher usage, it includes:
- Payments to the Government (e.g. tax, fines, licence fees, tunnel fees, parking meters)
- Payments to public utilities (i.e. water, electricity and gas)
- Payments to public organisations (e.g. Hospital Authority, Hong Kong Housing Authority, Hong Kong Housing Society)
- Education expenses (i.e. payments to primary and secondary schools providing local and non-local curriculum, and UGC-funded universities)
- Purchase of financial products or services (e.g. insurance)
- Donation (including charitable, religious and political organisations)
- Direct purchases from merchants located outside Hong Kong (including online purchases through non-local online platforms made in Hong Kong)
- Person to person payments