- Loading new page content or submitting data to the server via AJAX without reloading the page
- Animation of page elements, fading them in and out, resizing them, moving them, etc.
- Interactive content, for example games, and playing audio and video
- Validating input values of a web form to make sure that they are acceptable before being submitted to the server.
- Transmitting information about the user’s reading habits and browsing activities to various websites. Web pages frequently do this for web analytics, ad tracking, personalization or other purposes.